Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Packed Full Day

Today is the day I have been looking forward to for quite a while. I finally packed my bags for Haiti. I let most of my friends know I was going to Haiti this week, poor timing on my part, but I think if I would've said anything sooner I would have been way over weight capacity. Within the past week I have collected over 100lbs of donations for REBUILD Globally and the orphanages RG contributes to. Normally when I pack my bags for a trip I am the typical female over packer. It felt so great this time to be over packed with donations rather than an over abundance of clothes, shoes and jewelery which I normally bring. I am so thankful for the wonderful friends that I have that went out of their way to buy the things that were on RG needs list. I hope an over abundance of donations is a continual problem for RG and the best problem to have! I'm looking forward to waking up at 3:30 am to be at their airport at 5am! As many people have told me, the Port-au-Prince Airport is very dangerous, I feel very relived that Julie will be meeting us at the airport and has given us very clear directions on where to meet her! I am looking forward to an adventure filled, most likely sleep deprived trip!

1 comment: